Thu, 25 Feb|
L.R.S. Course - VIC (2x Days) - COURSE FULL no further registrations for this course at this time. See other courses
Our Long Range Shooting training will get you well and truly on your way to reaching your long range goals. Topics covered during the course include; Rifle Scopes, Rifle set-up, Precision Rifle Fundamentals, Zeroing & Refinement drills, External Ballistics, Ballistic Software, Wind reading & calls
Time & Location
25 Feb 2021, 8:00 am AEDT – 26 Feb 2021, 4:00 pm AEDT
Orange Accuracy, Canberra ACT, Australia
About the Event
Start time 08:00hrs
• Training Package Introduction
• Safety Exam - multiple choice
• Rifle Scope theory - including reticle pattern definition and use
• Rifle set-up practical
• Precision Shooting Fundamentals (Theory)
• Precision Shooting Fundamentals (Practical): Cold Bore, Zeroing and Grouping & Refinement Exercises – 100m
• External Ballistics theory
• Ballistic Software theory and set up
• Ballistic Software calibration: Practical Shoot 750m – 940m
• Start time 08:00hrs
• Precision Shooting Fundamentals (Practical): Cold Bore, Zeroing and Grouping Exercises – 100m
• Wind Reading, Aerodynamic Jump and Wind Calibration – Theory and Practical
• Long Observation theory and techniques
• Range Shooting (Practical): 500m – 940m
• ‘Two Rounds Only’ (Practical shoot): Multiple distance 500m – 940m
• Alternative position shooting – tripod, pack, hillside (time permitting)
Below is a list of desirable equipment standards that will help you to achieve the most out of your Long Range Shooting course. If your equipment doesn't meet these, not all is lost, we can assist you with equipment purchases or loan equipment to ensure you get the best out of your training and Long Range Shooting endeavours. Please get in touch about this.
- Magazine fed
- Capable of 0.3mil (1 MOA) or less
- Preferably Short-action Cal’s (magnums heat up quickly - can be managed)
- Preferably Heavier barrelled rifle (lighter sporter weight barrels heat up quickly - can be managed)
- Minimum total mag: 12x (eg; 3-12x??mm)
- Exposed tactical or capped turrets with return to zero capability
- MRAD preferable however no issues with MOA as long as reticle is also MOA. (mismatched reticle - turrets can be managed)
- First Focal Plane preferable however no issues with SFP.
- Christmas tree style reticle or reticle with half mil hash lines for ballistic calibration.
- Anti-cant device: level bubble or similar (desirable)
- We recommend, use and teach Applied Ballistics.
- We also recommend, use and teach the Kestrel Weather Meter w/ Applied Ballistics
- Applied Ballistics can be downloaded to your mobile device from the App Store or Google Play
- 100 rounds of ammunition per day as a minimum will ensure you have sufficient ammunition for the training.
- If two (2) or more shooters are involved spotting theory and exercises are included in all practical shoots